We grow several different varieties of strawberries in an effort to prolong our growing season for at least 3 or 4 weeks.
Picking and Storage Tips:
- – Pick only fully red berries. Green berries will not ripen after picking
– Pick berries by pinching the stem just above the hull and giving a slight pull
– Our strawberries do not have preservatives on them so store them in your refrigerator as soon as you get them home
– Strawberries keep best unwashed, in the refrigerator with the hull (green part) on until you are ready to use them
– Wash berries with the hull on to prevent water logging them!
– To freeze strawberries: 1. Wash, dry, then hull strawberries. 2. Lay strawberries out in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer (uncovered) until full frozen. 3. Put fully frozen strawberries into a plastic freezer bag and remove as much air as possible.
– Frozen strawberries will keep for up to a year depending on your freezer.
– Fresh strawberries will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
2017 Pick-Your-Own Strawberry Prices:
2L basket $5.25
4L basket $10.00
**We encourage you to use our baskets which can be purchased at the farm for $1.00 each and then re-used every year! Or you can bring your own containers that are measured in liters***
2017 Ready-Picked Strawberry Prices:
2L basket $9.00
4L basket $17.00