We grow a couple of varieties of summer bearing red and purple raspberries. If you have never tried a purple raspberry, please ask us for a sample!
Picking and Storage Tips:
- - Pick only soft fully coloured fruits, green raspberries will not ripen off of the plant
- When ripe, raspberries will separate easily from the core which remains attached to the plant. If you must pull hard to remove the berry or it remains attached to its core, it is not ripe!
- Do not wash your raspberries as they mold quite quickly! Simply pick them over to remove any debris or leaves.
- Keep raspberries in the fridge as soon as you get home. They will only last a day or two at most, as they are a delicate fruit.
- To freeze your berries: Pick over your raspberries to remove any leaves or debris. Lay the raspberries out in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer (uncovered) until full frozen. Put fully frozen raspberries into a plastic freezer bag and remove as much air as possible.
2013 Pick-Your-Own Raspberry Prices:
1 Pint $2.50
**Please note that we only supply 1 quart basket sizes. You are welcome to bring your own pints or quart baskets if you have them at home!
2013 Ready Picked Raspberry Prices:
1 Quart $8.00